The GW Resiliency & Well-being Center (R&W Center) invites you to join a Lifestyle Modification Group Visits program focused on the self-management of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes using a whole health care model.
This free online program is open to all staff in the GW Medical Enterprise—GW School of Medicine & Health Sciences, Medical Faculty Associates, and GW Hospital.
The virtual group visits start on August 5, 2022 and will take place every Friday from 12-1 pm ET for four weeks.
Experiential videos from health professionals in the field of Lifestyle Medicine are included to help you practice new skills at home.
Week 1: Orientation
Facilitators: Ashley Drapeau, PA-C, MPAS, MAC, LAc, behavioral services, R&W Center
• What to expect
• Goal setting
Week 2: Nutrition
Facilitator: Leigh Frame, PhD, MHS, CERT ’20, associate director, R&W Center
• Learn how small changes in your diet can have a big impact
• Learn how to eat healthy without giving up all the foods you love
• Cooking demonstration
Week 3: Stress reduction
Facilitator: Viktoriya Karakcheyeva, MD, MS, NCC, LCPC, LCADS, behavioral services director, R&W Center
• Learn how to recognize your stressors
• Review simple ways to cope with stress at work and home
• Mindfulness skill session
Week 4: Physical activity
Facilitator: Kyle Levers, Ph.D., CSCS,*D, assistant professor of exercise science director, Metabolism and Exercise Testing Laboratory, Department of Exercise & Nutrition Sciences, GW Milken Institute School of Public Health
• Learn how to add physical activity to your life, even if you don’t think you have time
• Review different types of physical activity
• Yoga demonstration
Be empowered to make healthy lifestyle changes while receiving and providing motivation and support to each other!